|Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer, Premium White, 1.0-Liter|
|Retail Price: $161.13|
|Amazon Price: $151.99|
One of the best things about the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 is how easy it is to use, I mean it is so simple that even my husband who is not a cook can use it. With this rice cooker, all you have to do is fill the inner cooking pot with uncooked rice using the measuring cup that comes with the rice cooker. Then you simply add the right amount of water based on the easy to read markings along the side of the rice cooker. However, some people prefer to rinse their rice before cooking it, which I am one so the water should be added after the rice has been thoroughly rinsed. After adding the water, simply select the type of rice you are cooking and press the cook button on the menu display.
- Nonstick Inner Cooking Pan – There is nothing worse than having a rice cooker that is hard to clean due to stuck on rice. The nonstick inner cooking pan of this rice cooker makes it easy to clean, but also prevents cooked on rice. The rice doesn’t cook onto the pan like other models because of the even heating due to the spherical heating that is used to heat the spherical pan.
- Keep warm settings – This rice cooker comes with two keep warm settings so that the rice can be kept at the perfect temperature until it is ready to be served. The first setting is the automatic keep warm setting, which turns on as soon as the rice is done cooking. If dinner isn’t going to be served within a certain amount of time the extended keep warm setting can be used to keep the rice warmer longer.
- Reheat Cycle – Almost every time I cook rice I have leftover rice, but there is never enough leftovers to feed everybody at the table. Another problem with leftover rice is it doesn’t warm up very well in the microwave. This rice cooker has a reheat cycle that allows me to reheat the leftover rice to the perfect temperature to serve with lunch the next day without having to cook an entire batch just to warm up the rice.
- Timer – The LCD clock and timer is a nice feature because it is easy to read. The timer is a nice feature because it allows me to set the time to start cooking the rice, which is great for when I am out running errands all day.
- Takes awhile to warm up – The only problem I have noticed with this machine is that it takes a bit longer to warm up than other rice cookers I have owned. I think this is due to the fact that it is supposed to run off 120V, but here in the US we only have 110V. This isn’t too much of a problem; it just takes the rice a bit longer to cook than what I am used to, but knowing this I can plan the rest of dinner accordingly.
When you compare the Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 to other Zojirushi rice cookers, you will notice a slight difference between the models. One of the biggest differences between this model and other models like the Zojirushi NS-TGC10 is the reheat cycle; most rice cookers don’t have that feature. Another difference is the spherical heating due to the unique shape of the inner pan.
The Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 is like most Zojirushi rice cookers as it comes with Neuro Fuzzy technology that allows the rice cooker to cook perfect rice each time. This technology is used to determine and adjust the cooking time based on a variety of factors, including how much rice is being cooked. Even though this rice cooker is one of the more expensive models on the market it is still a great investment, I know I haven’t been disappointed. Along with the one year limited warranty this rice cooker comes with two measuring cups, nonstick rice spoon, rice spoon holder, and recipes, which simply adds to the value of the rice cooker.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 23% discount for the Zojirushi NS-VGC05 Micom 3-Cup Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer. This is a massive savings of $32.00 from the usual retail price so be sure to take advantage of this offer.